To ensure that small-farmers and farm-workers engage with the fair trade system to make it work for them – through building capacity, sharing information and providing a platform for members to engage in fair trade debates and discussions.
The Association aims to:
- Represent the interests of South African small-farmer organisations and representative bodies of farm-workers on estates, which produce goods for the fair trade market.
- Promote the interests of its Members and to negotiate on their behalf with government and other institutions.
- Promote communication between interest groups.
- Provide information to interest groups and a wider audience.
- Provide communication with, and representation on national and international fair trade bodies.